Salary: in line with National Association of Local Councils 2020-21 National Salary Award
Hours: 4 hours per week
Location: West Northumberland
A vacancy has arisen for the post of Parish Clerk to Humshaugh Parish Council.
Key duties of the Parish Clerk are to:
- Be responsible for administration of the Council, including financial matters.
- Provide advice and guidance on procedures, law and ethics.
- Act as the first point of contact for the public and Councillors.
- Deal with largely Email correspondence on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that information is recorded and circulated.
- Prepare papers for and minute bi-monthly meetings, dealing with any actions as required.
- Assist in the development of policies.
Qualifications and Experience
No specific qualifications are required but prior experience of local government, especially as a Parish Clerk, is highly desirable. Candidates should have contemporary IT skills and preferably be a member of the Society of Local Council Clerks. Training and development support may be provided if required.
Pay and Conditions
Remuneration will be for 4 hours per week paid according to the National Association of Local Councils 2020-21 National Salary Award.