"A lot of people care, but they don't understand. When I come here, people understand."
Heart Wood is a new and developing charity based in Northumberland which offers person-centred group counselling to people with enduring poor mental health. We currently have a particular focus on working with men. We offer something different, for people who cannot engage with exisiting indoor services.
We are looking for committed people with experience of one (or more!) of the following:
- Growing an existing business / charity
- Understanding of the current statutory and 3rd sector health support
- Personal experience of counselling
- An understanding of the relevance and benefit of working in a person-centred way in an outdoor context
- Other professional experience, e.g. financial management, legal practice, project management, fundraising or organisational development.
We are looking for a Treasurer to oversee the financial aspects of Heart Wood. The key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing and approving accounts, budgets and financial statements
- Ensuring financial resources meet the current and future needs of the organisation
- Preparing and presenting financial reports to the board
- Ensuring appropriate accounting and control procedures are in place
- Advising on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic plans
If you think you have something to offer that isn’t listed here, we would still love to hear from you.
- A minimum of six committee meetings per year (usually Monday evenings via Zoom)
- One (or two) in-person meetings per year in woodland local to Hexham, Northumberland
- Occasional individual meetings with Heart Wood staff or Chair
- Available to respond answer queries or collectively with the other Trustees and make decisions, between meetings. This is particularly important as the charity is in an early phase of development.
Heart Wood Trustees positions are voluntary and unpaid. Travel costs are reimbursed for Trustees required to travel and who do not live locally.
Please go to www.heartwoodcharity.org and download the Trustee Info Pack where you will find more information about Heart Wood and how to apply. If it isn’t possible for you to access the information in this way, please call Emma on 01434 607726 who can send you a pack in the post.
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 28 February, 2021