We're seeking a well-organised person to take on the role of Company Secretary.
HCLH (Hexham Community-Led Housing) is a not for profit company, limited by guarantee. There is a small board of 5 local people and our aim is to provide properly affordable housing in Hexham through land acquisition and new-build, or repurposing or refurbishing existing property.
As a company secretary, you'll need to:
- guide the chair and the board to ensure they are operating in accordance with rules and regulations
- support the chair in ensuring the board functions efficiently and effectively
- facilitate good communication between the board, committees, senior management and non-executive directors, and shareholders
- take responsibility for the administration of the company, for example: maintaining statutory books, including registers of directors, organising board meetings (monthly) and annual general meetings (AGMs), maintaining a register of board members' interests, preparing agendas and taking minutes
- file necessary documents with Companies House, to maintain an up-to-date record of board membership, statement of accounts (as provided by the treasurer) and registered address
- monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action
- liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors
- develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.