Every organisation that works with children and young people needs to designate someone to take the lead on safeguarding and child protection, and that person needs to have a thorough understanding of safeguarding issues. The role of Designated Person is a challenging one, but is vital in protecting your organisation, its staff and the people you work with. There are still places on these FREE online Designated Person for Safeguarding training sessions. You have the choice of the following sessions:
- Wednesday 23 September 2020, 1pm – 3.30pm (Closing date for booking: Wednesday 16th September, 9am)
- Saturday 21 November 2020, 10am – 12.30pm (Closing date for booking: Monday 16th November 9am)
This online Safer Culture NE training session from Northumberland CVA will give you an understanding of:
- Your role of Designated Person (DP)
- How to deal with concerns about an individual’s welfare
- How to deal with allegations of abuse against a team member
- Engaging with your local Safeguarding Board
- Training and development needs for yourself as DP and for those you support
o take part in this training, you must previously have completed at least basic safeguarding training within the last three years.
There is some pre-learning required (30 mins max of reading) before attending this Zoom session. To allow us to send out the material for this, and to ensure you have the opportunity to complete it, we have given a last date for booking for each session.
These sessions are part of Safer Culture North East, a partnership between Catalyst Stockton-on-Tees, Connected Voice, Durham Community Action, Northumberland CVA and VONNE, funded jointly by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport and the National Lottery Community Fund.