Community Action Northumberland and Northumberland Community Voluntary Action are jointly working with the Ballinger Charitable Trust and the National Lottery Community Fund to commission youth activities to be run by small volunteer-led groups.
- Commissions will be of either £500 or £1,000, with a maximum of one per group
- Monies must be spent on direct delivery in support of children and/or young people
- Commissions will not be awarded to individuals
- Commissioned sums must be spent within 12 months
- Any overall project costs to which a commission is awarded towards must be no more than £2,000 in total, and the commission monies will only be released when the project costs have been funded in total – this is included in the 12 month expenditure period above.
- Commissioned sums must be paid to a recognised community group bank account
Where a commission to a group is not secured, advice and guidance for further development from Northumberland CVA and / or Community Action Northumberland will be provided to move the project forward.
These are examples only and any other youth-based activity will be considered
- Purchase of equipment or resources for young people
- A day trip to a local / regional activity
- A sessional worker to deliver activities
- Sports activities which encourage participation
Community Action Northumberland are working with groups that are based in or linked to village halls.
Northumberland CVA are working with any other group.
To apply email an expression of interest including the following:
- Name of your Group
- Please tell us about your project. (What, where and when)
- Please tell us about the main costs for your project.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to speak to the awarding panel about your project, in an informal setting at a date to be confirmed.