Monday 24th June 2019, 9.45am - 2.45pm
Newbiggin Sports & Community Centre
Woodhorn Rd, Newbiggin-by-the-Sea NE64 6HG
Poverty affects thousands of people in Northumberland, impacting on their ability to feed and clothe the family, pay the rent and utilities, buy essentials for children, and even to find a job. This conference, funded by the Community Foundation Tyne & Wear and Northumberland through the Guy Readman Fund, will explore ways VCS organisations and communities can develop sustainable approaches to tackling poverty in all its guises. Confirmed speakers are:
- Alan McNiven: Chief Executive, Engage Renfrewshire. Find out more about Alan.
- Emma Richardson: Senior Manager Specialist Services - Poverty Lead, Northumberland County Council
We'll hear from local VCS organisations on the impact they make in the community:
- Full Circle Food Project
- Newbiggin Learning Hive
Following lunch, participants can take part in one of four workshops:
- Living well - Ensuring people in our communities eat well
- Living well - Involving people in our communities through social action and volunteering
- Living well - Helping people in our communities to maximise their income
- Living well - Ensuring households in our communities have affordable warmth
This event will also feature a market place with a limited number of stalls available on a first come, first served basis to organisations which deliver services that contribute towards combating poverty. To book, please download the booking form, below and return it to Northumberland CVA by noon on Wednesday 19th June.
Post/deliver to: Northumberland CVA, 107 & 109 Station Road, Ashington, NE63 8RS