Main area: Community Development
Grade: Band 5
Contract: Fixed term until March 2021
Hours: Full time - 37.5 hours per week
Job ref: 319-1158675BM-A
Site: County Hall, Morpeth
Salary: £23,023 - £29,608 per annum
Closing: 13/08/2018 23:59
Northumbria Healthcare is looking to recruit 5 highly motivated and experienced Locality Coordinators to undertake Community Development work across Northumberland. The posts are part of the Empowering People and Communities work which is starting to take place in Northumberland. The aim of the project is to support the creation of stronger and more resilient communities, building on existing strengths and identifying areas with the communities themselves where work is required.
The posts are fixed term until March 2021 and the post holders will be employed and managed by Northumbria Healthcare Trust, but be based in a dedicated locality, with a voluntary, community or social enterprise partner. Applicants should have experience of community development and ideally will live in, or have knowledge of the locality in which they will work. Applicants will be expected to travel and cover each other's localities during holidays or absence.
- Knowledge of community development tools, the public involvement and prevention agendas and asset based community development work acquired through experience or qualification to degree level or equivalent.
- Experience of working effectively and collaborating in partnership with other agencies, including voluntary and community sector.
- Excellent communication skills using a range of formats (written, verbal and nonverbal).
- Skills and experience in influencing, managing and supporting change at the individual, family, community and systems level.
Please confirm at the top of your application which locality(s) you wish to be considered for:
1. Ashington/Blyth: Northumberland Community Voluntary Action 107 & 109 Station Rd, Ashington NE63 8RS
2. Castle Morpeth: Community Action Northumberland Enterprise Building, Front Street Pegswood, NE61 NUF
3. North Northumberland: Bellview Bellview Resource Centre, 33 West St Belford NE70 7QB
4. Tynedale: Hexham Community Partnership
- Hexham Community Partnership Queen’s Hall, Beaumont St, Hexham NE46 3LE
- Prudhoe Community Partnership Spetchells Centre 58 Front St Prudhoe NE42 5AA
- Haltwhistle Partnership Westbourne House /Main St Haltwhistle NE49 0AZ
5. Bedlington, Cramlington, Seaton Valley: Active Northumberland,Blyth Sports Centre,Bolam Park Blyth NE24 5BT
Closing date for applications: 13th August 2018
Applicant requirements: This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download:
Find out more:
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact: Telephone 0191 2031415 option 2