Location: Blyth Community Enterprise Centre, Blyth, Northumberland
Responsible to: The Operations Manager
Hours: This is a fixed post until 31st September 2019 and is funded by Big Lottery and ESF for the Bridge project. The post is for 30 hours per week (to be worked flexibly to accommodate some weekend and evening requirements). Continuation after this period will be subject to funding
Closing date: 12pm Friday 13th April 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 18th April 2018
The main purpose of this job is to support the CEO and Bridge partnership in planning and delivering IT provision to Bridge beneficiaries, throughout Northumberland in response to needs identified:
- To liaise with the Bridge Workers to identify needs of beneficiaries, plan programmes of support and address those needs via direct delivery of one to one and/or group support across Northumberland.
- To advise Bridge workers and partners on best approaches in delivering and rolling out digital support to beneficiaries.
- To plan all IT related courses ensuring they are in line with the needs of the Bridge Project beneficiaries.
- To liaise with external community venues to arrange courses to book rooms/ensure availability.
- To be compliant throughout in relation to ESF, Big Lottery and Northumberland County Council requirements.
- To create workshops and courses appropriate to needs of Bridge beneficiaries and share information and resources where appropriate.
- Any other duty which, from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs of BRIC and the funders and is within the remit of this post.
- To record data accurately and feedback to relevant colleagues in regards to progression of beneficiaries and additional support they may need.
- To provide reports and statistics as requested by senior management or relevant partners.
For more information and to make an application, visit: https://www.bricblyth.org.uk/vacancies/