Full time position
Salary: £38,000 p.a.
Closing date: Saturday 25th November
Natural Ability was founded in 2009 to provide a great choice for people with learning disabilities who enjoy being outdoors and active. By providing our Day Farming service we enabled people with learning and other disabilities to engage in rural activities, learn through challenge and well-managed risk, doing meaningful work, having fun and with a sense of personal autonomy.
We also provided home based support to enable a young man with learning disability to live independently in his village community.
Since 2009 our services have grown to include Alternative Education provision and an increase in Independent Living Services from support to one individual to currently supporting six independent households.
Our Mission is to create an environment where people with learning and other disabilities live and work as valued and contributing members of the community, having excellent quality of life with purposeful employment, lifelong learning and pride in their achievements. We build on people's strengths and aspirations helping them to learn, gain skills, make friends and be included as valued members of the community.
We also work with children and adults with long term mental health needs and physical disability and can also support people with Dementia to enjoy Day Farming.
The role of CEO is a newly created position, designed for someone to develop and promote the charity building on our success to date. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative leader who can bring a business focused approach whilst ensuring we continue to deliver services that embody the ethos of the charity.
The successful candidate will ideally demonstrate the following attributes:
- Empathetic to the ethos of Natural Ability
- Have proven success in driving forward partnerships and forging relationships with stakeholders, ensuring an effective and persuasive public face of Natural Ability.
- Proven experience in developing strategy, ensuring decisions are delivered operationally and implementing organisational growth
- Experience of working in a senior position within a supported housing or education setting
- Commercial acumen with the ability to identify and develop new opportunities
- Ability to lead, motivate and support staff and volunteers, team building across the organisation, highlighting good work and results.
Critically, you will be able to work at both a strategic and operational level across a range of functions including marketing, income generation, external relations and financial management.
Closing date for applications is Saturday 25th November with interviews w/b 4th December 2017