The Weston Anniversary Fund will award grants up to £150,000 to provide new or improve existing community facilities.
Through the Anniversary Fund, Garfield Weston will consider funding the entirety of a project, or help to complete your fundraising, with grants ranging from £30,000 to £150,000.
Applications will be considered for the following type of projects:
- New building or extension to an existing building for community use e.g new kitchen, meeting room or storage facility.
- Improvements to, or renovation or refurbishment of, an existing building such as installing a toilet and servery in a rural church for community use.
- New fixed playground equipment, climbing walls or multiuse games area in a public playing field.
- Purchase of large or expensive items if it is crucial to your work in supporting local people e.g. minibus for elderly day care, equipment for a training room, community café fit out etc.
- Purchase of land or property with a minimum of a 25 year lease with a clear community benefit.
Weston Anniversary Fund Snapshot
- One off grants scheme in 2018 to support Capital projects that will benefit local communities across the UK
- Open to UK registered charities, CIOs, places of worship and state schools only
- Grants range from £30,000 – £150,000
- Applications to be submitted online
- Applications open on 5th January and close on 30th June 2018
- You can apply to the Fund even if your organisation is currently in receipt of a grant from, or has been rejected by the Garfield Weston Foundation within the past 12 months
- Planning permission (where relevant) will need to be in place prior to submitting your application by the 30th June
- Grants will need to be spent and projects fully completed by the end of 2020.
Full details are available on the Weston Anniversary Fund website.